Monday, January 3, 2011

If you're a bird i'm a bird.











The roar of the night and the dusting of cold stars made me feel. The smoke red pop of a dozen firecrackers ignited sentiment in my heart. The Field, all freshly cut and smelling of sweat and winter and fire. Those images, those memories were the propelling inspiration behind this post. I wanted to wear something that was simple and old like a 1940's school girl. I think the starched whiteness of the collar gives a hint of attitude to the somewhat simplistic navy dress. The gold buttons and crackling navy belt accentuate the flattering and graceful lines of the garment. I found the silver shoes for a dollar fifty at the "Friends of strays" thrift shoppe. The shoes are the unexpected shimmer, the surprising contrast, the key to any well developed look.

No comments:

Post a Comment