Monday, June 27, 2011

La La La Lipstick!










For years(or maybe a year) I have struggled with whether I could or could not pull off a painted lip. My first doubts were based upon the notion of me looking like a child playing with my mother's makeup or looking obscenely gaudy and over the top. Recently, I have realized that wearing lipstick doesn't have to be this mental battle. Lipstick can be youth full and chic as well as simple and classic. My collection of lipsticks now consist of three tubes: Maybelline Coral crush, Revlon's Fire and Ice and also Revlon's Siren. When wearing these shades I tone down my eye makeup to give the lips center stage, this also helps with not looking extraordinarily made-up. The coral/orangy shades are very edgy and the red shade is très sophistiqué! I feel somewhat transported to some local Parisian cafe, sitting in a dark corner, listening to the soothing drawl of Gershwin while wearing my lipstick.

No comments:

Post a Comment